“Visiting a cycling fest is a BEGINNING,
Buying a new cycle is PROGRESS,
Riding a cycle is SUCCESS”
Overview of my walking tour at the India Cycling Festival 2018 (ICF): (7th to 9th Dec’18, Nehru Centre, Worli, Mumbai)
The second season of ‘India Cycling Festival’ returned again with a bang! Organized at an enormous scale in terms of product offerings and engagement opportunities, the ICF fest is a destination ‘For the cyclists and By the cyclists’.
The grand cycling event takes consumer experience a notch higher by bringing together the best of cycling brands – Colnago, BMC, Bottecchia, Dolan, Scott, Bergamont and many more all under one roof. No matter if you are an ‘existing cyclist’ wanting to upgrade or an ‘aspiring cyclist’ looking to purchase a new one, the ICF gives you great options to choose from. The range includes a wide category of bicycles right from MTB’s, Road bikes, professional Aero bikes to City cruisers, Hybrids, Cross hybrids and Electric bikes.
The brand stalls also have an extensive variety of merchandise like cycling jerseys, cycling shots, cycling shoes, cycling helmets, saddles, bike frames, group sets and crank sets. One can even buy basic cycling accessories like cycling gloves, locks, sippers and lights. The event is not just restricted to product offerings for adults, there is a good range on display for kids as well. Huffy, Avon, Firefox and others with bright shades and attractive designs for girls and boys.
An exclusive stall by ‘The Bicycle Project India’ which is a social initiative under which old cycles are collected, repaired and passed onto poor children helping them to commute to school.
Key highlights from my visit:
1. ‘Penny-Farthing’, a legendary design also called as an ‘High-Wheeler’ takes you back to the classic era. Known as the first machine to be called as a ‘Bicycle’, Penny-Farthing is prominently displayed at the Cyclop-Pedal power stall where you can test ride it, sip a coffee and share conversations around cycling experiences.
2. A dedicated zone for the BMX fans to showcase their skills by ‘Share Tune’. There are plenty of BMX models for the youth to try some freestyle stunts. Pick up a bike and make a statement with high speed Tail whips, Rollbacks, Hops, One-Hand tricks and whatever you can at the venue.
3. Scott ‘Bike Fit’ services with high end personalized bike fitting offerings. The bike fit custom concept involves measuring the riders data using a specialized machine which helps analyze and recommend the right frame size and setup the most efficient and optimised position on the bike. It’s a great stall to visit if you wish to apply some science to your riding.
4. Top end collection of Italian bikes, frames and accessories by BYKINDIA, a leading Bandra based distributor of bicycles in Mumbai. They have the best of racing models and endurance series of road bikes on display. The USP of this stall is that the owners are not just sellers but passionate bikers carrying a strong experience of riding through professional routes of Europe. So if you wish to take your cycling interest to another level than do touch base with these PRO guys.
5. Few more pictures taken during my visit – Bike racks, Bikes and Rite-Bite Nutrition Bars
Author: Vijay Malhotra, Mumbai